An unordered list of annoyances.
1. Getting squashed between a bunch of middle aged tobacco stinking men.
2. Being pushed by someone’s pot belly and having no choice but to push the person in front.
3. Standing near the door and a fat ass defies the law of conservation of volume by shoving his ass in.
4. Being at the height of other people’s armpits.
5. Being in a jam pack train while the upper management still reports in the news that 4 people per square foot is ok.
6. While in the jam pack train, having close and uncomfortable physical contact with strangers.
That said, is the title of a first class transport system one which is meant to reduce cognitive dissonance for the crap that we have to put up with? Something like the little flyer that came with my laptop that says “we know you value great engineering”. If we’re ever to be hit with the swine virius, we are so dead…either that….or our economy dies….but given the pragmatism that permeats society, I think we die first. The only good thing out of this whole swine virius scare is that trains actually look cleaner and smell of the cleaning agent.
I’m glad there’s the company bus which shuffles people to work. I tried the SBS bus once…it’s much worst.