My backlog grew by this much:
- Risk of Rain
- Batman: Arkham Origins
- Papers, Please
- Mark of the Ninja: Special Edition
- The Stanley Parable
- Far Cry 3 – Blood Dragon
- Penny Arcade’s On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness 4
- Bioshock 2 + Minerva’s Den
- Guacamelee! Gold Edition
- The Wolf Among Us
- Gone Home
- The Swapper
- Castlevania: Lords of Shadow – Ultimate Edition
- Bioshock Infinite – Season Pass
- Tomb Raider: Survival Edition
Steam Summer Sale has always been a devourer of wallets. These are what I got for myself:
- Witcher 2 @ $33.49 USD (U.P. $49.99)
- Assassin’s Creed: Brotherhood @ $19.99 USD (U.P. $39.99)
- S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat @ $3.74 USD (U.P. $29.99)
- Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light @ $3.74 USD (U.P. $14.99)
- Company of Heroes Gold @ $7.49 USD (U.P. $29.98)
Total: $68.45 USD (U.P. $164.94)
Savings: $96.49 USD (58.5%)
I also got Alien Breed 2 for free from their summer activities and a handful of games which as gifts for some buddies’ birthdays.
I finished Assassin’s Creed in 17.5hrs so I went for a run. I know I’m a few years behind but this is a good a time as any to pick it up. I’m impressed with its technology and design; though I found it a little thin on the plot (that or I couldn’t understand what was going on till the penultimate mission), I felt it set the scene for the sequel perfectly. [(2 more) screenshots on My Steam profile]
I was really excited to play Borderlands today. After decrypting my pre-order, I took a tour around and quickly realise there were issues with saving. After browsing the forums, I found a work-around that seems to work for me. I got my game through Steam and had My Documents pointing to a dedicated partition.
All you have to do is basically add the -nohomedir launch option to Borderlands. You can specify that by accessing the Properties of the game in your Steam games panel.
Credit to KevSteele and MrKlorox from the GearBox forums for the fix. Honestly, I’m a little disappointed that a bug in a critical system like saving escaped the developers but they’re working hard on a patch which will hopefully clear this and other issues up.
I have no idea how saving works I believe you have to access those stations which are supposed to “register your DNA”. Can anyone clear this up?